I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm sure all you lovely people are out enjoying your Friday night. I, sadly, am not. I have no Friday night to enjoy. But let's not focus on negativity right now.

No! we will focus on handbags! About a month ago, I lamented the fact that I was an unpaid intern, and thus would not be purchasing my Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Speedy 30. Well, no recent turn of events to speak of --- I'm still an unpaid intern (BUT A FABULOUS ONE, THANKYOUVERYMUCH). I have, however, switched the object of my desires.
Behold:

The Marc Jacobs Stam. It costs roughly twice as much as the Vuitton, but with God As My Witness, it will be mine in the next year.
This change of heart comes from a deep, emotionally moving conversation with the gay manager of the accessories department at a Nordstrom store. After knowing me for approximately 5 minutes, he insists this bag is ME, and that I must own it. I happen to agree with him. The chain is kind of rock & roll; the quilting is reminiscent of Mme Chanel.
And isn't that how I try to live my life? As a cross section between rock & roll and Parisian haute couture? Right.

Um, I'm growing my hair out. For those who don't know me in real life, my hair has been chin-length in an angled bob for about 2 years. I used to have hair down my back, then when I was in Paris one summer I made a snap decision to cut it all off, and it was great!! I was so liberated and everyone loved it. The cut made me look older and I was always getting compliments on it. The downside was it was very hard for me to find a hair stylist I was happy with in the States, and ironically enough, I always hated my hair a few days after I got it cut. I always felt like no one could cut it correctly. In Paris, I went to the same person, and she always did the entire cut with a razor, which is a very unique skill. In the States, I would get it cut, cry on the way home to my mom on the phone, cry to my friends, then be fine 2 days later. Go figure. Another downside was that my haircuts were SUPER expensive. Like, $75 including a tip. And this cut requires a cut every 6 weeks MAXIMUM, or else the layers grow out super funky, and it's a bitch to style. Yet another downside is it has to be styled.....everyday. Everyday with product, 2 different sized round brushes, blowdryer. If not, it was in a little nubby "ponytail" which is how I wore it to the gym. The time consumption didn't really bother me, because in college, my schedule was essentially wide open. I could wake up at 10am and traipse around the apartment for HOURS before I had to be in class. Taking 30 minutes to do my hair was like nothing. Well, now that I'm working and waking up at 6:30 to be out of the house by 8am at the latest, 30minutes is just not working for me anymore. I'm exhausted. And honestly, I'm just ready for something new.

I've been grappling with growing it out for a few months now. My bff H. wants me to keep it short, because "It's SO YOU," and I always did get a lot of compliments on it. And in a weird way, the short hair reminded me of Paris, and growing up from the long hair of a little girl into the short sophisticated young woman cut.
But I am ready for something new, and the good news is that I can always cut it again if I'm not digging the longer hair. I'm going to grow it out to this style:
Then see how I feel about it and maybe go longer from there.

It's getting colder. Which I'm unhappy about because lately, its been affecting my mood....really dreary and is making me sleepy and mopey. BUT my mood can easily be uplifted with some tights and a short black dress and some ballet flats!! I think I will go to the mall tomorrow and find some stuff. But I have to find things that are also work appropriate. Marketing is a pretty fashion-forward industry, and our office is fairly casual, but some of the dresses that I have can fall just on this side of risque. I'll keep that shit for attracting the mens at the bars.

Here's where I recommend things to you:

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer. It always receives "Best Concealer" in Allure and Glamour magazine every year, and for good reason. It is actually applied AFTER foundation (which trips me out) and you have to basically apply it on your hand to warm it up and make the consistency creamy, and then put it on your face. This concealer makes me look like I have near perfect skin, which trust me, I do not. I have remnant scars from some adolescent acne, and this is the best thing I have found yet.

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. It's the consistency of a creamy lip balm, and you can use it as a lip color, or as a cream blush, which I do. Smile, and dab it on the apples of your cheeks in a circular motion, and it gives you this flushed, pretty glow like you have when you just come in from a cold, windy day. Or you see your crush.


My mother is obsessed with L'Occitane, and I understand why. They're a French beauty product company, and make some amazing products. The Rose 4 Reines lotion is something I use almost everyday, and it's so fragrant sometimes I don't wear perfume just so I can smell like a rose garden all day. The Rose 4 Reines blends the scents of....yes, four different roses: The Grasse Rose (French), the Bulgarian Rose, the Moroccan Rose and the Turkish Rose. I happen to love floral scents, so this is perfect for me. It's very feminine and luxurious. I also recommend anything from L'Occitane's shea butter collection. I carry little tubes of their hand lotion around with me, especially in the winter. And I think it smells like babies. Seriously, if and when I ever have babies, I am going to lather them down in this stuff. It is exactly what babies should smell like.

--Oblig--


I looooove me some cocaine-induced SASS


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment