I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Friday, August 28, 2009

Stuff I've Bought That I Like; FCUK edition

I had a fab-u-lous day shopping at Lenox in B-Head yesterday. Lenox is my happy place. Just getting on 400N and turning onto Lenox Rd makes my blood pressure go down and puts a smile on my face.

I didn't have a specific mission to go shopping other than the fact
  1. I haven't been able to be girly and really relish going shopping
  2. I need to replace a pair of worn-out gold flat sandals that have met their death
  3. I'm all about the Benjamins and have graduation money, holla

So without a clear plan for the day, I head in!

First stop was Sephora. Okay you guys-- I'm a to-tal makeup WHORE. It's my mama's fault, really. She started me off in very nice, department store and designer label makeup, and I have never looked back. Up until about a year ago, she even paid for all my makeup purchases, that's how sick our makeup addiction runs. So I purchased some DuWop Lip Venom which is a lip gloss that stings your lips and makes them luscious and stained and plump. It's hurts, but hurts sooo good.

Then I decided to wander into French Connection and magically MY DRESS was there. This is a dress I tried on in this very store last November, and regretfully did not purchase because I was on a demonic spending spree that day and actually needed to pay rent for the month of December. But I have been obsessing and dreaming about this dress ever since. And it was in the store ON SALE!! Like crazy sale. It is the quinessential E. dress, for those of you who know me in real life. Here's the beauty:

Don't you love it?? I literally die over this dress.

Then I decided I needed the flat sandals even MORE now. Okay, confession time. I LOVE high heels. Adore them. Dream about them. But DAMN they hurt my feet. And I'm 5'9". Until the general male population that I am interacting with grows about 4 inches, I don't feel entirely comfortable wearing heels when I go out. So hence the desire for cute flat sandals. I did buy a pair at BCBG that were so on sale they were practically free. I would post a pic, but I cannot track one down on Google. But trust, they're great.

I also bought some new MAC eyeshadow and had the girl at the MAC counter at Bloomingdale's teach me how to properly apply a smokey eye. Also purchased some earrings from Anthropologie.

It was such a good shopping day. The shopping deities were smiling down upon me and gave me many wishes and sales.

And PS: that dress is a size smaller than I usually buy. AND I fit into an old pair of Rock & Republic jeans that I bought the summer I had my 3 month tryst into veganism and babysat for 3 rambuncious boys. The clothing deities are LOVING me right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment