I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Where's the Glamour? This is VOGUE, Okay?"

Bored out of my ever-loving mind.

I worked Thursday, so that was one less lazy day around the house. I've been in contact with several families about become their after-school nanny. I need a pt job to make some cash money dollas while I'm still interning. T-minus....not that much time until my birthday and my parents cut me off. It's all so fabulously tragic.

Did nothing Friday. Worked out. One productive thing. I went to see The September Issue Friday night at a 9:55 showing. For you poor souls.....The September Issue is a documentary film following Anna Wintour and the rest of the American VOGUE staff as they prepare the largest issue of the year......yes, the September issue. I was the only one in the theatre. Imagine that.....small Georgia town, no one wanted to watch Madame Anna slash editorial shoots from Vogue? Quelle Surprise! Well, I adored it, bien sur. I got teary-eyed when the group was in Paris, scouring the couture shows for pieces to shoot. Especially because I figured out the documentary was about the Sept. 07 issue, and the couture shows are in July. I was in Paris in the summer of 2007 gallivanting through the streets and shops. Or studying....whichever. I remember trying to skip school to go to one of the couture shows, but it was impossible....at that time I was taking an intensive 3hr per day language class. Alors, pas des défilé pour moi cet été. C'etait trise.

Alorrrrrrrrrrs. Yes, The September Issue was amazing, and ignited my love for fashion. When I was in high school and up until...oh, a few months ago, I was convinced I was going to work in marketing for a major fashion house, or be a buyer for a department store. Well, then the economy took a sh*t on my dream, and reality set in that graduating from a southern state school does not open too many doors into the Fashion World. But my passion has been re-awakened, and as God as my witness, I will never go hungry again. I mean, I will work in fashion. Sorry, I had an out of body Scarlett O'Hara moment. Désolée.

Today I have done nothing again....worked out and did some yoga. I attempted to do a headstand, but failed miserably. Around Christmas last year I could do one, but at that time I was taking 4-5 yoga classes a week. Then I got in a huge fight with my roommate (who happened to be one of my instructors) and hardly ever went back. Then when I was incredibly stressed out during summer school I started up again, downloading yoga podcasts and practicing on my own. I'm trying to practice more often. J'adore yoga. It's so beneficial to me. It teaches me patience (if you know me, you know I lack any sort of patience), it's great meditation and of obviously it does wonders for your body. Core strengthening and arms and butt. Great Great Great. I highly recommend it if you've never tried it before.

I just ate a salad and watched a rerun of the Real HotMesses of ATL, and I have zero plans for tonight. I don't know what everyone's deal is. But alas, I have a pack of sour patch kids, the CURRENT Sept. Issue of Vogue to get through, and maybe I will watch some fashion documentaries on youtube. Or just watch Season 1 of Gossip Girl for the 18th hundred time.

peace and blessings

0 comments:

Post a Comment