I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Saturday, October 17, 2009

In Which I Tell You Things I Bought

I decided to take a trip to the mall today. Really for no other reason than I needed something to do, and I felt like stimulating the economy. You're welcome!!

I was sort of on a 4-part mission.
#1: find leopard print ballet flats. If not leopard print, suitable near-neutral alternative.
#2: find royal blue cardigan to wear with almost everything I own.
#3: find tights. Any color. Cheap, preferably.
#4: find simple dresses with which to wear #'s 1-3.

3 out of 4 missions were successfully accomplished, Ghostrider.

#1: leopard prints were a no go. I have a great silk pair that I bought....I don't even remember when. But they've begun to wear out. I did not like ANY of the leopard print flats I found at the mall, and if I did like them, they were more than I wanted to spend. So I was in Belk's and found a pair of patent leather purple ballet flats with a little rosette on the toe. Channeling the Valentino Petale bag? Possibly. In my mind, purple is a neutral. I can wear it with black, blue, brown, gray, etc. etc. Mission tweaked, but accomplished.

#2: Royal blue cardigan at H&M. I have this in mind for several dresses, namely a hot pink ruffled number from Banana and some floral mini dresses. Cardigans = winter coat for me when heading out to the bars. I have a great purple one and black one currently; and I was going insane for a royal blue one. Mission Accomplished.

#3: I have a lot of criteria when it comes to tights. Last year, I spent about $30 on a pair from French Connection, and I wore a hole in them. So I don't want to spend more than about $12 on tights, when I'm going to wear a hole in them, or snag a run on a hangnail anyway. So cost is criteria 1. Criteria 2 is NO CONTROL TOP. Some of the dresses I wear out (at night) are so short, a control top could possibly peek out the bottom. And when they say "control top," it's not even "top," its like a whole biker-shorts' worth of coverage from the top seam to halfway down my thigh. Not going to work. Criteria 3 is size. I like to buy a L or XL, so that they don't stretch hardly at all, and are SERIOUSLY opaque. I'm sorry Forever 21, your "one size fits most" does not. Their "opaque" tights are like....sheer hose. So with all my criteria, I did not find tights that I was happy purchasing. For future trips, I want to find a few good pairs of black, some patterned black, purple and navy blue. And maybe a dark heathered gray. Mission not accomplished.

#4: Simple Dresses. Yes! I found a great long-sleeved, scoop neck cotton jersey dress at H&M in a dark green. I don't have anything in dark green, so I'm excited about this. God I love H&M. Forever 21 makes me anxious, there's too many little girls and too many clothes, and it all looks so cheap I can't handle it. H&M is just a better quality in my opinion. I saw a lot of other dress options for next trip. Until then I need to stimulate MY economy. Regardless, Mission Accomplished.

I saw a GREAT wool bomber jacket at Express that I'm going to need to purchase ASA-f*cking-P. It has all the rock & roll style of a leather bomber jacket, but more veggie-friendly. Need to possess.

I also purchased some headbands from Forever 21 to wear as I grow my hair out, and some Fresh Cut Roses votive candles from Yankee Candle. I know...it's time for autumnal scents, but I like florals all the time, mkay?

.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

I want pictures. I am all about pictures of purchases.

Post a Comment