I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's the Stride of Pride

Happy Halloween my dear readers! I feel as though I've been neglecting you. Please don't make me feel bad...I've been busy! I suppose we'll start at the beginning, a logical place to start...

Wednesday. Went to the agency, then to an event afterwards. This is supposed to be a "good event at which to meet people in the industry and network," but really? I'm mostly there to scout cute men. I spotted a cute guy with glasses and a beard and pointed him out to C. Bingo. We were obsessed the rest of the night. I pretty much don't drink anymore, so after 2 glasses of wine at the social hour before the panel speakers....I was feeling giddy. We only found out his first name, not last name or company, so I took the defeat and thought nothing of it. But no defeat for my dear C.! Oh no! This was a challenge for her! She took it upon herself to do some investigative research, and we now know all the crucial information for this individual. The next event should be particularly....eventful. The other intern at the agency invited me to her Halloween party, so hooray for weekend plans!

Thursday. Not a whole lot happened. I worked at the deli; made bank in tips.

Friday. Slept in, worked out. Went to the mall to start my Halloween costume search. I had an idea. I wanted to be a hippie...wear a dress and a faux fur vest with a scarf and a peace sign necklace. I got all the element together, but it just didn't look right. But I bought it all anyway in case I change my mind. I'm extremely indecisive. While walking around the mall I had an idea for another costume. I saw a girl do this my freshman year of college, and I just rememered it and thought it would be easy, and subtle-sexy: Walk of Shame. I bought an XXL men's Nautica oxford shirt. I got an XXL b/c I want to wear it as a dress...nothing underneath. But I got home, put it on, and duh...it's huge! Like so huge you can't see my figure at all. So what did I do? I put on my Project Runway pants and got out the sewing machine! I turned it inside out, pinned the sides and the sleeves, and just sewed a simple seam so that it was still large on me, but not so tent-like. Now, I haven't touched a sewing machine since 8th grade home-economics class. Shocking, right?! But it came out PERFECT. I'm so ridiculously proud of myself. Although I never looked this sexy doing a real Walk of Shame.

So now it's Saturday. I worked at the deli earlier this afternoon, and I just got done working out. I painted my nails, and will probably eat an early dinner and start the beautification process! Please everyone have a safe, fun Halloween!


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment