I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stop Hey What's That Sound, Everybody Look What's Goin' 'Round

disclaimer: The title has nothing to do with the following content of the post. I was just listening to the song. Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought they were going to be reading about my anti Vietnam War protest activities. Not today. Or....ever.

My feet and back hurt from standing and working at the deli. Work is hard, y'all! I have to vacuum and put chairs on tables! No joke this is the most physically demanding job I've ever had. Tonight we got an end-of-dinner rush, which was dizzying. I was working the counter by myself, which I actually prefer. The other counter girl is nice, God bless her, but HOLY SHIT can she talk. I don't mind some conversation to pass the time, but constantly having to smile and nod and "mmhmm" at her wears me out. I closed on my own for the first time. Not a big deal, but balancing the register at the end of the night makes me stressed. I hated accounting in college, and this is like real world shit, you guys.

My dad has the flu. I hope its not The Swine. He teaches a project management course 2 evenings a week at the university, and I just hope he didn't catch the Swine from one of the college kids. But my dad's a trooper. He gets up every weekday morning to be at the gym at 6am. Every morning. Every. Morning. He's been doing it as long as I can remember and it never ceases to amaze me. Then he commutes 45 minutes to work. Works a full day. And 2 nights a week teaches for and hour and a half. I'm exhausted just typing it all out. So I'm not too worried about him. He'll probably out-live me. I live my life a little more fast & loose than he did in his younger days.

I took a nap this afternoon, and was very unsettled when I woke up due to a dream. I don't remember specific details, but many things happened including this: Caleb Followill shaved his beard. Not all the way clean, but shaved closer (definitely not as granola, more like 5 o'clock shadow) but it was enough to really upset me in my dream!
I think what spurred this dream was that I was randomly thinking about how I would feel if he shaved his beard, and I came to the conclusion that I would be okay with it. I was before, I can deal with it again. But DAMN I just love the fluffy, crunchy granola beard! Anyway, I was very upset by it in my dream (maybe this is my subconscious telling me I really won't be okay with it....yikes), and I woke up in a funk that I did not like. I also feel like you will all judge me for this. Whatever. I can't help what my subconscious brain does in my sleep, YOU GUYS.

I made a fruit salad tonight, and it's going to be so scrumptious tomorrow morning I can't wait! Oranges, apples, strawberries and grapes. Yummm.

Slowly but surely my hair is growing out. Does anyone know of supplements or old wives tales that make hair grow faster? I've heard prenatal vitamins....maybe I will research this. I already take SO many vitamins, one more can't hurt. My mom orders a multivitamin, b-complex and b12 capsules for me. In theory, eating a balanced vegetarian diet should fulfill all the vitamin/nutrient requirements, but b-vitamins are excessively hard for vegs to get. Plus, a full spectrum of the Bs will make you feel fantastic. And I probably don't get enough iron. I need to eat more spinach.

Hmm, that's really all I have to ramble on about tonight. 'Til next time....


.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

"I already take SO many vitamins, one more can't hurt."

It actually can - you can overdose on vitamins, ma cherie. I took prenatal vitamins for a while but stopped when I became terrified of overdosing. I don't think prenatal vitamins alone will actually make you overdose, but if you add them on top then they could seriously mess you up.

Just had to get that out so you don't die on me.

Post a Comment