I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Don't Take This The Wrong Way,,,,But....

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. I am tired, you guys. Working at the deli, hustlin' for minimum wage + tips is exhausting. I'm not going out tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do in lieu, but it will probably be uneventful.

SO there's this older guy (40s) who comes in to the deli every Monday and Wednesday. There's free WiFi in the deli, and he's getting his doctorate in something....physical therapy? I don't know....I'm a bad listener. Anyhow, he's nice, fairly attractive for an older man, but he like.....constantly flirts with me, you guys. To the point it makes me uncomfortable. I'll walk in to start my shift, and he addresses me as "Hey babe," or "how you doin' beautiful?" Uhh. He has a son, Tanner who is 4 and the cutest little boy everrrr. I like little kids...when I'm not in charge of them. I just get along with them really well. We talk about favorite animals, Disney movies and how hard kindergarten is. I get them. Anyway, so I was clearing their table a few nights ago, and walking towards the door, and Tanner goes, "ARE YOU GOING HOME NOW?" And I said, "no Tanner, it's okay I'm just cleaning up." And he goes, "GOOD I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO HOME." And I said, "You don't want me to go home? But I can't stay here all the time!" And his dad goes, "Tanner, do you want her to come home with us?" And Tanner says, "NOO." and then his dad says, "Do you want her to come home with me?" and Tanner goes, "OKAY."
The fuck?? How uncomfortable is that? AND his ringtone for his cell is Sex in Fire. He was playing KoL one day on his laptop (do I need to cover how weird this is?) And I mentioned I'm a fan. Now that's his ringtone. I'm just creeped out by the entire situation pretty much.

Anyway.

I have my long bangs in a braid right now, and I can't stop taking quick breaks to look at it in the mirror. I will do this more often.

Quick discussion about the Kings of Leon DVD. It. Is. Great. There are a few songs I wish were on it (King of the Rodeo, Frontier City, True Love Way, Joe's Head, TRANI jkdsiueuesdjbfajalsjalsjhf) but I give this 2 thumbs enthusiastically up. Speaking of, I'm compiling a small collection of pictures I will post soon. They have a theme, you guys. Aren't you excited?

Funny shit my mom says; Vol. 330: So I was speaking with my mama this afternoon, telling her how grateful I was that her and my father allowed me to graduate college without any student loan debt or a car payment, which puts me in an excellent position to start a career. And my mom says, QUOTE, "Don't take this the wrong way, but, don't fuck it up." Really.

THEN I told her I was going to see a band next Thursday. Yep...me and C. (of Kings of Leon concert shenanigans fame) are going to see Ingram Hill in Atlanta! I saw Ingram Hill when they opened for Gavin Degraw when I was in high school (shit, that was a long time ago)...thought they were decent. Um, I know two songs, but C. is like an actual fan. Anyhow, so I told my mama, "yea, it's a pretty small venue, it should be fun, we might be able to schmooze with the band." She replies, "Well just be careful. Your father and I watched an episode of CSI where these people drugged girls and then sold them into human trafficking. And they weren't teenagers, either!" Someone get this woman a talk show.

Hmm, I think this was all I had to update with. If I think of anything earth shattering or just funny random shit, don't worry....I'll come back.

And don't take this the wrong way, but.....don't fuck it up.


Hugs and kisses my little cupcakes!!


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment