I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gossip Girl Is Not Friends With Staff

Aha! We finally find out where Vanessa has been...shooting a documentary about the Van der Bilt campaign. Right. Because normal college students can just take....what.....two weeks off of class to shoot a documentary? But I forgot...I don't care about Vanessa.

Oh shacking in a dorm room's twin bed. College.

"I need a friend"
"....I'm your friend!"
"UGH *glare* Please! I am not friends with staff."

Grand Daddy Van der Bilt's voice sounds like a white James Earl Jones. "This is CNN."

Nate is all about the moody, dramatic stares this episode. He looks like he's in a feminine itch relief product commercial.

I LOVE that Blair is picking up girls. OVER FASHION. Nice designer reference as well. Alexandre Birman:

Me-ow.

Olivia is wearing plaid. Ruffled plaid, but plaid all the same. She's so trying to impress Rufus after the "Real Hollywood actress" display at the Freshman toast fiasco.

Every time we see Serena, her skirt gets higher and higher. I shouldn't hate....I totally feel for her. I have a dress that does the same thing. But I attempt to fix the problem. And that ponytail Serena? Really now. It looks like the little girls I used to babysit for did her hair for a "super fancy makeover."

"The only prostitute here....is you." OHHHH SNAP oh girl yes she did.

Sooooo the blonde girl had to be the high priced call girl? Central casting couldn't have found a brunette or red head? What kind of sick stereotypes is GG perpetuating? I'm offended.

When did CHUCK BASS become the mature voice of reason? Was it not even a year ago he was getting faced and blown in a Thai opium den?

Candles, Dan? Boys in college don't use candles. I don't think men in the real world do, either. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I would seriously question any guy who filled a room with candles before we got it on. He watches WAY too much television, and doesn't really know me.

Serena's gonna bang Tripp. So the Van der Bilt's are supposed to be the Kennedy's of NYC? Am I reading into this correctly?

All in all, not a bad episode. Gossip Girl is like pizza...it's always good no matter what! Not the greatest, could have used more drama and more Jenny Humphrey glam rock-i-tude, but it was good nonetheless.

XOXO

.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

yay yay yay.
A) Could never have put the Nate-a-la-feminine-product line better myself. So true.

B) Serena AND Blake Lively have this disgusting habit of slicked back hair and it is wearing thin on me. Her hair always looks greasy (think Emmy's - it looked like she ran out of time to dry her hair or something).

C) I think Daddy's death is the source of the growing up for Chuck. If it were unexplainable, it would make me uncomfortable to have a character all of a sudden go 180 on us. However, having an empire land in your lap just might cause you to get your life right. And damn, Chuck as the cool, collected, make-it-all-better voice of reason makes me want to jump him. There. I said it.

Post a Comment