I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Vernis = Polish En Français

Aren't you glad I teach you things here at OMG Opinions?



I looooove me some nail lacquer. I recently decided I likes vampy reds the best, but I'm always down for a nice black, midnight blue, eggplant, Barbie pink or pretty pastel. Behold Essie's Winter 2009 Collection. One of my brands of choice (others including O.P.I and Chanel).
Some unsolicited advice: invest in good nail polish. Especially good colors that aren't super trendy....reds, dark purples, a good pastel pink. The color is richer and will last longer. And I personally have never run out of nail polish. The bottles usually go bad long before that ever happens anyway.
Now I'm totally digging the Lollipop. Rock Candy looks like any other normal pink, and this Mint Candy Apple is basically a Chanel runway ripoff. The Essie computer generated sample color has more of a blueish tint, but I bet on your nail it's pretty similar. And half as expensive.

The Mint Candy Apple AND Chanel's Jade (Frenchies are so pretentious, je les adoreeee) are both eerily reminiscent of a nail polish color I wore in 4th GRADE. I'm not even joking with you. My mom would only let me wear pastel shades when I was that young, and I swear I had a pastel Easter egg green.


.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Whheeee I love nail polish color discussions. I have a secret love for my red/black OPI but I don't have the guts to bring it out until it is legit cold outside. I am super curious about this green thang - I vote you be the guinea pig.

Lydia said...

p.s. I'm waiting for the weekly GG post. Your words express my thoughts in ways that they didn't know how to think.

Post a Comment