I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

There Are Not...

Enough hours in the day. In order to feel like a normal human being during waking hours, I need 8 hours of sleep at night. Especially since I deal with a lot of stress and stress-out people during the day, this is crucial (for any of you thinking I'm being a p*ssy about sleep requirements). I wake up at 7am. I need to be falling asleep at 11pm. It takes me a long time to unwind from my day, so I usually need to start that process at 10pm. Sometimes I'm not leaving work until 6:30/7pm. Add in working out properly and making dinner, and that's my night, every night right there. And I NEED to work out. I can eat "properly," but I've known my body for 23 years now, and if I'm not working out also, it's pudgy-time. Also it keeps me sane...when I don't work out I get really keyed up and fussy. Exercise helps with sleep issues too, you know.

My point is...I feel like I have no time! For anything! I went to a meeting for a volunteer group this evening after work, and didn't get home until 9pm. I HAD to get in a 20 minute run on the treadmill....because tomorrow I have a business lunch at a French bistro, and I'll be damned if I don't enjoy some excellent French cuisine on someone else's tab. How do adults do it? My dad exercises before work....but I cannot even fathom doing that. Well maybe I could. If I got up 30 minutes earlier and spent that time on the treadmill, then did yoga after work. I'll consider it. But I've even not been sleeping well lately. I've been having dreams (nightmares?) about work and missing deadlines and forgetting to get deliverables to the client. I constantly dream in neon green and black (one of my client's signature colors....that's a hint!!)

Update for all concerned....Boy With The Beard from Flip Flops called me yesterday and asked me to dinner. We're going to Harry & Sons in the Highlands tomorrow night. Should be interesting. My girl friends are WAY more excited about it than I am, I think. I'm worried it's going to be awkward, and that I'm perhaps mis-remembering how cute he may have really been. And he lives Outside The Perimeter (Marietta) which is just far to me. In any case, the meal will be good. Harry & Sons is Thai and Sushi.

Now I need to eat dinner, figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow night (give me suggestions!) and have sweet dreams.


Just a little something my mom showed to me and I'm sharing with you all.



Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!!

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment