I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Love Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry

So it's been a long time.

Whoops.

I've just been prancing around, doing my own thing lately. Don't go worrying about me.

Nothing too spectacular to report- no men, no fabulous new clothing purchases.

This past week we went to the Eric Clapton concert with a vendor, as well as mani/pedis, which was so wonderful. I'm a HUGE Clapton fan, and we were SO close to the stage, it was very exciting. My mother was SO jealous.

Last night we had a night out at the infamous MQJ underground danceclub in Atlanta. It was fun, until guys started to get far too touchy-feely, then it wasn't fun anymore. This always happens in danceclubs, or any dancing situation for me....I'm having fun, bopping around, dancing, blowing my bubblegum and being sexy but goofy. Then the guy takes it all far too seriously and shit gets uncomfortable. Sorry, but just because we're dancing does not equate to you getting to come have sex with me. OR EVEN makeout. Ew. Stop. Yuck.

Last week I wore a snug dress to work and when I walked it rode up a little bit, and I was basically reprimanded by my director and told to watch the length of my skirt when I'm not wearing tights. In the words of Kelly Cutrone, "If you have to cry go outside." I sat at my desk for 30 minutes feeling my face get hotter an redder, and then went to the bathroom to cry. So that was fantastic....

My toes are a bright, neon, electric, pink. It's 80s Obnoxious and I adore it.

I want my hair to be long. Right now.

The weather has been so lovely in Atlanta, except for when it's raining. I'm really enjoying not having to wear a coat at all times, and not wearing tights with everything (and being a ho....see what I did there? I'm taking a negative and turning it into a joke.)

Murphy's on N. Highland is where I want to go for my next dinner date. I went there for dinner with a vendor on Monday and it was delish.

I had an Oscar fashion wrap-up for you....then I get busy and it was a lot of work. In a nutshell: loved J.Lo, Demi, Carey Mulligan, Diane Kruger (no one has worn Chanel at the Oscars in like 9 years). Did not care for Zoe Saldana's (even though she did take a risk with color and the ombre effect- I don't it was a great risk), Cameron looked awkward and even though I LOVE Kate Winslet I did not love her dress with the pleats.

I hope I didn't lose any readers (did I have any to begin with?) Or any of your love....you know J'Adore you, Je can't get enough of you.


.

2 comments:

User Not Found said...

hey, i guess i'm de-lurking. found your blog via lydia's and i've been reading for a while. so this feels awkward, the whole de-lurking thing, but i feel like i should. so hello, and yes, you do have readers :)

Lydia said...

the world is better when you blog.
I wouldn't have been able to contain my tears were I verbally reprimanded. So were you able to contain them, big kudos for you.

I frequently have dreams that my hair is really long only to wake up and find it brushing my shoulders. Pain in my big fanny. I'm with you. I collect pictures of long haired ladies to use as inspiration so I don't get confused and accidentally cut it. I'll be your grow your hair out partner. You know, like a gym partner except we don't do anything but practice not cutting our hair.

Post a Comment