I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Monday, January 10, 2011

This snowstorm is bullshit #whitegirlproblems

Like everyone else in the Southeast, I'm snowed (and iced!) in today, and again tomorrow.

But there's a twist! The transformer in my heating unit punked out this morning. After I cleared everything out of my closet only for my maintenance guy to tell me it needs a replacement part, I sat around feeling cold and sorry for myself.
Then I realized that merely one block away was an ACE Hardware. I called- they were open- AND sold spaceheaters. Cut to me bundling up in two pairs of tights, two pairs of exercise leggings, rainboots, sweaters and gloves, and marching myself down to ACE to buy a DE-LUXE stand-up ceramic spaceheater. I don't fuck around. Being cold is just miserable. Then I just wanted to drink, but I really had to work and dial in to conference calls. Meh.

In non-snow related news....my parents got me a real, big-girl vacuum for Christmas. I put it together yesterday, and I'm just going to say---it was EMBARRASSING how excited I was to really vacuum this apartment. I did the baseboards. I used auxiliary attachments. This old building with hardwood floors gets so dusty, and my 6 year old dinky vacuum from college was not cutting it. But the new Bissel was.....magical.



I just lost all my street cred for writing the above paragraph.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment