I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Daily Affirmation, courtesy of RUPAUL!


Did anyone else watch RuPaul's Drag Race? I was freakin' obsessed with this show last winter. I heard about it via some blogs, but I thought it was only going to air on Logo Network. For those of you unfamiliar, RuPaul is a drag queen, and hosted this reality contest show that was the bastard stepchild of Project Runway and America's Next Top Model. But gay-er. And more fabulous.


Well, lo and behold, I'm at the gym one day, workin' it out on the elliptical machine with the tv attached (so brilliant)......and RuPaul's Drag Race was on VH1! I almost fell off the machine. These queens are amazing, and I kept wanting to say "work it out, honey" and "you GO girl" (*finger snap head twirl*) to the tv, but I was actually in public.

Anyway, so during the dramatic reunion show, RuPaul got INTO IT with some queens regarding self-image, dealing with the haters and that when people talk sh*t about you, it's because they are projecting their own negativity. The Ru said:

"You walk through the fire. Then you own it, and you say 'Come for me bitches, come for me. You know what? You can say whatever you want. Because why? I'm motherfucking fierce.' "


PREACH, SISTAH


If you feel so inclined, the whole season is online and available here. If you don't like drag queens (firstly, what is wrong with you?), well......don't watch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment