I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Random (but cute & nice)

well, I didn't run into any Real HotMesses of ATL, but I did have an adventure of my own.

Went out to eat mex with some girlfriends, new & old. Los Margarrrrrritas! They have this drink called the Twister, which is sangria mixed with margarita. Holy drunk Batman. It tastes like a margarita, but without the awful tequila burn after.

Then we headed down to the bars in B-head, a nice post-grad crowd. It's like college bars but everyone is 3 years older. The crowd is fairly corporate, I like my men more on the hippie side of things, but its recently been brought to my attention that I have bad taste in men, so I'm always willing to pursue other options. I'm definitely the baby of the crowd, which is new. I met a guy who went to my alma mater, and his younger sister lived on my dorm hall freshmen year. We're going to become bznz associates, because his company has a division which can help my Agency. ABC...Always Be Closing, Ladies and Gentlemen.

After several drinks at one bar, we moved the party to Johnny's Hideaway, which can only be described as a lounge for the "mature". It's open later than the bars, so kids my age have started flocking there, much to the Sinatra & Elvis-loving patron's chagrin.

I have failed to mention up to this point, that out of the 8 girls in our original group, only 3 of us were left standing by this time in the night. Are we champions? Yes. We also recruited two random (but cute & nice...) boys to come to Johnny's with us.

Then we visited Waffle House (natch) and had a delicious late night meal complete with the game "What's the craziest thing you've done in the last month?" And I won, of course. Graduation Weekend. Drunk the night before. A little partaking in the morning. Bojangles drive-thru on the way. I'd say it was a success.

After Waffle House we went to one of the aforementioned random (but cute &nice) boy's apartment for a classy glass of wine.....at 5am.

This is what life is made of, people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment