I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'ma Let You Finish Rainin' Buuuuuuut

So Atlanta is being swept away. Actually, (fingers crossed) everything is fine right now, but that was not the case yesterday.

I woke up Monday morning and it was raining men outside. I was upset because all I want to do on rainy days is watch bad tv and eat bad food. Not drive to work and get my feet wet. So it was surprising when my local NBC news station was over-riding the Today Show with weather coverage! Some lanes were blocked on one of my routes to work, so I just went in an hour and a half late not thinking anything of it. Then around 2pm, I'm notified that I can't get home. Repeat....I can't get home. There is no street going in to my neighborhood that was not flooded. So I had to stay downtown last night in a hotel. I thought it was going to be fun at first, but it was just lonely, and this very expensive hotel did not even have BRAVO or the CW! So I couldn't watch RZoe or Gossip Girl. I was forrrrrrrrreal pissed off. I had a bizarre night's sleep. I dreamt I was hanging out with the Followill bros from KoL, which I suppose is not so much bizarre as really f*cking awesome. Then I decided to take the day off from interning. I didn't feel super and I wasn't sure how the weather was going to turn out today.

Roads are still flooded, and it's supposedly going to still rain this week. Lord have mercy.

But I will leave you with these masterpiece:


How could I not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment