I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Don't Be Tardy For The Party

Do you look forward to returning to work/school on Mondays or do you live for the weekend? What do you enjoy most about weekends? What do you dread most about school and/or work?

I do enjoy returning to work on Mondays. The agency is so much fun. I really enjoy the work I do and the campaigns I work with, as well as the people. I really get along with everyone on my team, and we have a good time at work. Although I was a Marketing major in college, I never took classes in the type of work I'm doing now, so everyday I'm learning and gaining SUCH valuable experience. The only thing I'm not crazy about it waking up early and the commute. DEAR GOD the commute. I'm a solid hour away from the agency and with Atlanta traffic in the morning, it is just awful. But it's one of those things that I can't control, so I just make sure I have my iPod and some good preset radio stations, and just go with the flow. Or no flow as the case sometimes is.

I also work at the deli, which for as much as I bitch about it, is not the MOST horrible job in the world. I don't have to touch meat, which I appreciate. I get a meal per shift, which I always have a cheese sandwich (there's not a lot for a vegetarian in a deli setting...moving on). The people who come in are pretty interesting and nice for the most part. I just had my first seriously rude customer yesterday, but whatever. The cooks are high school boys who are completely harmless. What I don't care for is closing, because it takes FOREVER and it physically demanding. I also don't care for the other counter girl; she's 19 and telling me what to do is clearly where her whole sense of authority in life comes. Uhm, and long shifts get really monotonous.

So today is the first day in awhile I don't have to be anywhere, and it's glorious. I worked at the deli for 6 hour shifts the past 4 days straight. Exhausting. Then after I closed last night, I decided to come home and work out. Then clean. What?

This morning I woke up at like 9:30...I cannot sleep in anymore! So I just stayed in bed and got caught up on this season of Project Runway. Now I'm watching the Real Housewives of ATL reunion show. Of course, it's a hot mess and I love it.

It is so beautiful out today! What a gorgeous fall day in Georgia. It makes me want to go do granola shit outside. Mmm I wish I had a hot, bearded, plaid-clad man to go hiking with. Sadly, I don't so I think I'll just pop on some sneakers, a sweater and take my iPod out for a walk.

I'm going to go grocery shopping and just buy a shit ton of veggies. I've been surrounded by meat and cheese at the deli for the past 4 days and I need some vegetation in my life stat.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment