I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Flashdance!

I did my yoga today in Flashback-inspired 80's aerobic gear. It was kind of amazing. Here's why I did it:

So back at Halloween, when I was trying to decide on a costume, I purchased one of those neo-hippie faux fur vests from Forever 21. Then lamented the fact I was in Forever 21. Well since I went as the Walk of Shame, I didn't wear the vest and I needed to return it. Apparently I waited to long do this, because my receipt had "expired" and all they could do was exchange for merchandise TODAY up to the amount of the vest. Okay for first of all, Forever 21 is for teenagers. Teenagers work there, shop there, congregate there. I can barely deal with the clientele and staff. Case in point: I see this flannel plaid shirt I thought I could make work, and it was on the top rack. So I grab one of those long hook things and get it down, and the 6 girls who work there who are all gabbing around the register are like, "MISS MISS DO YOU NEED HELP?" And I'm just like, *blank stare* "No, I've got it, thanks." Don't get all loud wit' me because you're not doing your job. Whateva Whateva. So I hate everything in the store and don't know how I'm going to eat up $27. I settle on a pair of black ballet flats (can never have too many), a long tank top to do yoga in as well as this long sleeved cobalt blue sweatshirt with the neck cut out (a la Flashdance). I wore my new purchases for my yoga practice today and I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. I needed some new yoga threads so I can look all cute at my office when we have yoga class. Did I mention a yoga instructor will be coming to my new agency 4x a week? You're jealous.

AH Hair Gate 2009. Friday morning I decided I needed to get my hair trimmed up so I could wear it down and start looking for like a 23 year old instead of a 16 year old at work. I'm trying to grow out a bob, and I just needed a TRIM. TRIM. I call my salon and my gay stylist left! Tears. I was referred to another stylist. I trust the salon, so I arm myself with pictures and I head off. Long story short, my hair was butchered. The girl was waaaaaay too trigger happy with the texturizing shears. My hair is very thick, and people who don't know what they're doing will thin the shit out of it when I have a short cut. You don't do that. So yea, she massacred my head. But I had to work at the deli Friday afternoon and did not have the time to deal with it. When I got home from my shift, I shampooed and styled like normal, and I broke into sobbing tears. It was certifiably awful. I woke up early Saturday morning and called the manager at the salon and explained my predicament, and she scheduled me with yet another stylist in hopes of remedying the situation. I actually love the new girl, Charlotte. We're like kindred spirits....we LOVE LOVE LOVE gay male hair stylists. Anyway, so she was very sympathetic and upset that my hair was ruined, and did her best to fix it, but it was unsalvageable. My hair is now the shortest it has ever been, and about the worst cut-wise it has ever looked. One side is decent, the other side is super choppy and there's nothing I can do about it but wait for it to grow out. But I did get 2 free cuts from the salon so they can fix it as it grows out.

After those shenigans I treated myself to a pedicure and polish job at the salon Saturday afternoon. It's just upsetting that I was trying to grow my hair out, and now it's just as short as ever. I got a lot of compliments on it when I went out Saturday night, but with this cut, it is almost like it brings out another side of me. It's short and sassy, and I wear it big and voluminous. I don't know how to explain it, but I definitely find that I do my makeup differently when my hair it short as opposed to when it is longer. More eyeliner, darker colors. More SASS, for sure.

Last night I went out with K. and her friends in the Highlands, and had a great time. K. works at my old agency and is just a super sweet girl, and her friends are so fun. We went to a realy bizarre Thai restaurant and then went back to her apt for birthday cupcakes and wine. She made cupcakes and the girls sang happy birthday to me! Out of the 9 girls in the group, I had met 6 of them for the first time last night. It was so nice of them to make me feel so welcomed in Atlanta! Then we all went out in the Highlands to Hand in Hand, and I actually didn't pay for any of my drinks, so I guess the haircut isn't as bad as I imagine it to be.

Tomorrow I am off to clean out my desk at my agency, say goodbye to everyone; then go apartment hunting!


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment