I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Friday, November 27, 2009

Slight Breakdown.....Everyone Has Them. Right?

Today I was planning on going to the mall with my parents. Well I had a slight mental breakdown instead. Yesterday I was complaining about that zit on my forehead? This morning it seriously bothered me. I workout a lot, I don't stress eat.....so my stress manifests itself as eruptions on my face. And even though I got the new job, that comes along with a whole other basket of worries: an apartment, healthcare, new doctors, prescription prices. So to show for it, I have a zit right at my hairline. One zit is causing all this stress? You might ask. Well yes. I have had moderate acne my whole teenage life, and now I have the remnant scars on my cheeks and temples. I have good makeup (Laure Mercier) to cover up, but some days, like today, it's just too much for me. And add on top of that a botched haircut, and I felt SUPER UGLY this morning. I'm talking tears and throwing a fit at my mom and not even going out of the house today, I felt so ugly.

I watched some Project Runway an took a nap and woke up feeling better. I talked with my parents a bit. My mom had problems with acne until she had a hysterectomy. Well.....that's not happening anytime soon for me so it's just something I have to deal with. Birth control helps even out the hormones and I'm on several topical treatments. It's just such a hassle! I wish I had perfect skin and didn't have to mess with all this makeup. And I'm really afraid people look at me and think, "well, she's pretty but her skin is bad." No buts.

Ew. Anyway you guys. I just had to get that out there.

Tonight I'm going out with T. We're going to Townie Night. Yep. In my town, at the bars the night after Thanksgiving there's Townie Night and it's totally embarassing. I've actually never been because I always left home early to go back to college for our big football rivalry game. So this is going to be my first T-Giving Townie Night. I had my dad make me a double-shot latte so I can attempt to stay up like a normal 23 year old. I've been going to sleep at 10:30 lately, and at 10:30 tonight we'll have barely begun to start drinking. It's going to be a lot of people from my hometown that I barely know because I didn't go to high school here. I went to a private Catholic school out of town. So I went to middle school with these people. And let me tell you, I was no gracious swan in middle school. At the time I thought I was the shit, but I was awkward as they come, and whenever I see these people I'm afraid they still think of me as that little 13 year old. Must overcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment