I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shopping, Drinking And Eating

We'll go in chronological order.

Friday night was Townie Night and it was actually really fun! We pregamed with some old friends, then went up to the bar. The ONE bar that was open Friday night in town. I feel like Townie Night is something everyone dreads, but secretly likes. It's fun to see old middle school and high school friends (and non-friends alike), see who got fat, who's still living at home, etc etc. I had a few glasses of red wine at the pregame, then I thought it was a fantastically good idea to order BOURBON GINGERS at the bar. Do I need to repeat? Bourbon. And I was also talked in to taking a shot of Jim Beam. These people seem to think that I still drink like I'm in college, and apparently I forgot as well. Saturday morning did not treat me kindly.

After the bars, we went to the house of a guy friend of ours, M. Waaaaay back like 2 years ago, M. and I had a brief Christmas Break Affair. We're totally over it, and luckily can just hang out and have fun. Rare, I know. My dear friend T. on the other hand is still under the spell of Mr. M and has been for oh.....12 years. They went to the same church growing up, you know that story. Precious. Anyway so it's me, T. and 3 other boys at M's house, and it was reDONKulous, you guys. We drank Bud Light Limes and ate key lime pie? I don't even know. And played piano. And wore silly hats. I slept on a fancy sofa in the formal living room that was most definitely not made for sleeping.

Then Saturday I cursed Jim Beam and slept until approx 2pm in my own bed. It was my mom's birthday, so we went shopping (duh) and then went to dinner at Bonefish Grill. Uhh Bang Bang Shrimp is to diiiiiiiiie.

I also bought this skirt at Banana, because I realized that all I wear are dresses and I need to mix it up a bit for the new job...


I'm envisioning it with a white long sleeved shirt and blue or black cardigan. I've also been thinking about starting to dabble in the wearing of the heels. I have so many pairs that I never ever wear, and I feel like at 23 years old it's a good time to start.

Sunday was morning mass and grocery shopping and napping, followed by my mom making a fabulous Barefoot Contessa recipe: Bay Scallop Gratin.


oh bonjour.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment