I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Friday, December 18, 2009

Design, Both Home and Self

I never thought I'd see the day when I was interested in home design. I don't watch HGTV, my mom always wants my opinion on her home decor decisions, and I tried my best to feign interest.
But now that I have my own little space to decoration....OMG I'm obsessed.
I've been reading Elements of Style blog a lot. This girl is such a genius. She's a decorator who takes inspiration from fashion trends sometimes, and just has really super good taste. I'm finding myself actually WANTING to try some DIY projects....and that is SO not usually me.

I've also been browsing through The Sartorialist and Garance Dore (en francais, bien sur!) and I'm missing Paris sooo badly right now. My little apartment reminds me of Paris, and how antiquated and vintage everything felt. Here are some pictures I've saved from The Sartorialist that I find a lot of inspiration in...
I love the layers in her look
You had me at hello with the lip color and sunnies

I wear a lot of black, and I love how chic she looks

More black, and j'adoooore the ruffles, and OF COURSE the patterned tights! This is in the Tuileries garden, before a fashion show, FYI.

I want to try a skinny belt with a few of my jersey dresses, like this

Of course I love me a well dressed Parisian man, too.




I also think I need to wear my heels more often. I'm 23 years old....I just need to buckle up and do it. I have so many great, fierce heels I never wear because they make me 6ft tall and hurt my feet. I'm going out tonight to a jazz club (oh la la!!) and I think I might debut a pair of heels. Maybe. But it IS raining. I'll consider it, okay?
.





1 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm salivating. And feeling awfully frumpy whilst wearing my sperry's due to the downpour. Can we order two of the last item, one for each of us? I'm very willing to fly over to Paris to pick him up.

Post a Comment