I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I've Been Playing House

If you're wondering where I've been.....I've been busy growing up! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates......my life has been bananas since about last Thursday. Friday night my parents arrived to help me move, and bright and early Saturday morning the process began. And it is still not done! I'll spare you the moving drama....I'm sure you all know how stressful it is. But this was probably the best move my parents and I have had to date. Minimal arguments. And no stairs, which was a blessing. It did start to rain later in the afternoon, but the majority of the heavy lifting was finished by then. I'm still waiting for the treadmill to get here. I made my aunt & uncle an offer on their treadmill since I was the only one using it. A gym membership is $45/month, and I can't fit that in my budget right now. So buying the treadmill from them was definitely the best decision. Now I can work out whenever I want and watch my own tv!!

Okay...enough talk...I know you all want pictures!


This is my "living room," excuse the mess. I haven't finalized picture hanging placement or bookshelf decoration coordination yet, hence the chaos and clutter. That door leads to a screened in porch which is as long as that back wall. The walls were ALL stark white, but I painted that right wall a canary yellow. And by "I painted" I mean my mom and aunt.


This is my "bedroom," which again is messier than it hopefully will ever be. I also painted the wall behind my bed yellow. And there is a door in the middle of my room which does not open. Once upon a time it lead to the hallway, but for what purpose I am not sure. Just tonight I hung a picture to the left of my bed and also over the head of it. I don't have a headboard yet, just the same bed frame I used in college.



Kitchen, obviously. For some perspective, the kitchen is to the right of my "bedroom." So to take this picture I am standing in front of my desk in the picture above this one. I'm not wild about the kitchen....I want to change it somehow. It's just so damn white! I put a Paris poster on that left wall, but it is still too institutional to me. See that kitchen cart next to the oven? I put that bad boy together. And the oven is gas. Lord help me. I'm afraid I'm going to poison myself or blow up the building. So far I've only ventured to boil water for tea, and every morning it makes me anxious.



This is a pile of VOGUEs on my side table next to my couch. I have been collecting VOGUE since high school, and have been envisioning decorating with them since then. I even have a few from my various stints in France. My stack is probably 3ft tall. This stack has a lamp on top of them, and I am still trying to find places for the others. Maybe on my vanity to boost up my table lights?


This is my little Christmas tree, and Russian doll "nativity." The tree is an old American Girl doll tree, if any of you girls remember having those. Most of the ornaments are from the American Girl stuff, but the turtle and the little fairy are from a handmade ornament store where my parents live, and we buy a few ornaments from them every season. Next to the tree is ANOTHER stack of VOGUEs and stuff on top of it.

So that was a photographic tour of my little studio. It's cozy, but very roomy for a studio. My mom pointed out that she thinks I like it so much because it reminds me of Paris and she's totally right. The only thing I could complain about is I don't have my own washer/dryer. There's a laundry room on the first floor, and I feel like I'm living in the dorms again, having to bring down quarters and haul my dirty laundry all over the place. Living in an apartment with a W/D my senior year was definitely a luxury. Other than that, this little apartment is great!

In other news, work is good. and BUSY. I'm starting to get the hang of things, so I'm getting more responsibility with the clients and vendors. I'm also responsible for setting up meetings for the whole media department, not just my client team, so I spend a lot of time responding to emails from sales people trying to get us to advertise on their site.

I hope you all are fabulous and enjoying your holiday season!

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment