I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Monday, December 7, 2009

Apt. Update

I forgot to take pictures of the apartment, you guys. Someone remind me on Friday night, so I can do it Saturday before the moving shenanigans begin.

I went to see my new apartment today- empty. And dirty! Holy shit, the people living there before did not clean when they left (which is SO gross- PSA), so the landlord's cleaning crew is going to come in and do a full five star cleaning. Let me tell you....if I ever doubted I was my mother's daughter, that doubt was put to rest today. I got in there and pointed out every little thing I wanted done: oven pulled out and cleaned behind, the built-in hutch repainted, the floorboards washed, the screened-in porch cleaned of all leaves & debris, new rods in the closets, etc and so on. And all that will *fingers crossed* be done by D-Day Saturday! I have to show my parents I was able to pick out a decent living space. But hey....silver lining is- if they don't like it, maybe they will pony up some money so I can live somewhere else. Win-Win-Win.

iPhone is beautiful, thanks for asking.

I've started to schedule my workouts around watching Jeopardy. So I'm running on the treadmill, and shouting answers at the television. About 30% are the correct answers.

Okay, this "adult" thing is getting kind of ridiculous. Here's a list of shit I need to do within in the next, oh.....3 weeks:
  1. call to get electric service in the apt
  2. call to get gas service (gas stove)
  3. set up cable/internet
  4. MOVE
  5. change address for a million things (phone bill, bank, magazines, etc. and so on)
  6. find 5, YES 5! separate doctors (dentist/gyn/vision/derm/primary care)- get appts and make sure they are covered by my insurance. GYN is most important. Birth Control must be refilled. Right now it's being used more as an acne remedy (*sigh*), but important nonetheless.
I have such a new respect for my mother. My dad was in the military, and we moved several times when I was younger. She had to do this multiple times! My god.

Everyone in college is stressing over exams. I don't miss that, really. Except for the years when I only had one or two eams, then I could go out the rest of finals week. What I do miss being home for 3 weeks straight with nothing to do but go to yoga classes, bake cookies and visit my parents at work and have them take me to lunch.


.

0 comments:

Post a Comment