I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shiksa Goddess

Last night I went out with my girlfriends and some new male friends. We pregamed at the apartment of one of the said male friends. All male friends were Jewish. Not that there's anything wrong with that...I love the Jews! (and the Gays).

Anyway. We're sitting around shooting the shit, playing a card game, and one guy is talking to me. Then he stops and stares at the crucifix around my neck. He points at it and says, "Oh. So that means we'll never be able to drink manischewitz wine together."

For real.

We went to Flip Flops, owned by Ace from the Real World Paris. Cohutta from Real World Sydney was bartending. Not really celebrities in my mind, but some people were losing their minds. It was totally fun....A little overwhelming at first because it was PACKED but upstairs was a DJ and people dancing like mad, so after a drink I was game. We're all dancing in a big group, boys and girls, and this guy I had seen earlier downstairs (w/ a BEARD) just came up and grabbed me from behind and started dancing with me.

I. HATE. THAT. It is so degrading. "Hey, let me hump you from behind like an animal in heat." So I had one of the other boys I came with save me, and he goes, "That guy was cute! I wish I could grow a beard like that whats wrong with you?" And I was like, "really?" So I went and caught up with Boy With The Beard and said, "I'm sorry about that, what's your name?" and introduced myself. His name is Blake. Then he extended his hand and ASKED if I would like to dance. Yes, thank you. We danced and it was fun. He got my number yadda yadda. He kept saying things like, "you're so much fun," and "you're a great dancer," THEN he goes, "even if I hated your personality, I wouldn't even care because you're so much fun," which I thought was an extremely awkward thing to say. But anyway....I leave with my friends and I see him by the door and he comes and talks to me, and says, "If I ever go dancing again it won't be the same because you won't be there." What? You just took my number idiot. Then he wanted me to kiss him and I go, "Oh no. Only boys who take me on dates get to kiss me." We all know that's a total lie, but it sounded good at the time. I told him to call me then I left.

And then.

He calls me this afternoon around 2pm. And I answer the phone, "Hello?" And he just says, "Hey whats up?!" So I'm like, "Is this Blake?" and he says,
"Yea, is this the girl I met at Flip Flops last night?"
"Yes..." and I told him my name.

YOU GUYS I remember him putting my first name in WITH my phone number....red flag #1. And he says he couldn't remember what he stored my number under and was going through process of elimination. So does that mean he had 4 other girls' phone numbers and was sitting around with his friends trying to determine who was who? Sketch Master. Red flag #2.
We're chatting for a few minutes...he was at Ra Sushi with some friends for $1 Saki. Chat Chat Chat, whatever whatever. Then we end the conversation, and as I'm hanging up, and SWEAR I heard SOMEONE say, "Well that was a mistake."

Ew. First of all I give him props for calling instead of the standard text message, but if he didn't want to talk to me, and this mistake was indeed referring to me, then why call? I didn't have his number, and it's doubtful I would ever see him again. So So So So random.

In other news I NEED to go shopping, do laundry and go to mass. None of which are happening today.

.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Bahahaha. I used to practically castrate boys who came up behind me and started dancing at mixers. As it turns out, my ass belongs to ME. Who knew? Oh, how I love your adventures.

Post a Comment