I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My TV in the other room is a documentary in French, and I'm having trouble pense-ing en anglais...

Bullet Points, obvs

  • Last time I posted was after the Bon Jovi concert- sooo that weekend we did sangria--> Dogwood Fest---> Sweetwater 420 Fest---> fun times in the Highlands. Dogwood was a lot of families and gay couples. My friend and I walked from my apartment down to Piedmont to find this out. Stayed longer than was probably necessary, then hightailed it to MARTA to get out to Sweetwater for single hippies and dogs. Pretty crunchy. Pretty.....crunchy.
  • Monday a vendor took us to Bill Hallman boutique in the Highlands for a "jean party," which basically was this company giving everyone in my department $200 to get whatever they wanted at the boutique, with wine and snacks. I walked away with a dress and a bangin' pair of sunnies.
  • Wednesday I was a party pooper to the max, and left the Ingram Hill concert at Smith's Olde Bar early. As you know, I go to bed super early, and this concert started at 9:30pm. Which is late, when you wake up at 6am to hop on the treadmill. AND THEN they had the nerve to have 2 opening acts who STARTED at 9:30. I'm sorry, but who do they think they are, Tina Turner?? I'm taking this opp to apologize to C for totally not being able to hang on a school night. I'll go hide my head in shame now...
  • Friday we had an agency happy hour at Park Tavern. I went with my gay work boyfriend. Cut to EVERYONE getting inappropriately drunk, the re-telling of the story of when a creative director caught me dancing down the hallway, and everyone trying to crash a high school reunion party "for the dancing." Inappropriateness all around, coupled with the fact everyone was calling each other trannies. Ohhh, the wonderful joys of ad agencies.
  • Sunday night I went to Ben Harper & Guster for the DaveFM Earth Day Birthday. A vendor from work had tickets and a pre-concert party, so a co-worker and I decided to go profité bien. Her husband came, and I love them so dearly. They like to party, AND they had me home by 10:30.
  • So far this week is going swimmingly- spa on Thursday and Braves game on Friday evening! Finally, a fun event on a WEEKEND night- I can go and not worry about getting up in the morning and fighting the spins at work!!
  • When did it get to be almost May? This past year flew by. I feel like it was just a few months ago I was starting summer school- bananas!
  • Saturday is the Kentucky Derby. Wish I was going. Maybe I'll have a party?
  • RuPaul's Drag Race ended yesterday. My prediction won- she turned. it. out. I'm so obsessed with this show it borders on uncomfortable.
I feel like I've rambled on enough. iTunes' Gossip Girl and some tea is calling my name.

a toute a l'heure!
.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

How do I work it out so that I, too, can live your life?

Post a Comment