I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Monday, May 17, 2010

Ya need to da tha Roostah

Hello my little cuppycakes! I've neglected you and I'm sorry- early last week I had a narsty stomach bug, then I was trying to play catch up at work. I went to Tennessee this weekend for a nice break, and now I'm back and ready for it all!

I wanted to share this little video with you because it brings together several of my loves:
The Rolling Stones
Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, which I watched all senior year (The Roots is his in-house band...totally awesome)
The bearded Followill




I'll give you all a little background in case you're unfortunately lame....I mean, unfamiliar. In 1971 the Stones owed a shit ton of money to the British government in taxes that they couldn't pay, so they literally just left and moved to the south of France. While there they did a lot of drugs and recorded a kick-ass album. They are now releasing a DVD of exclusive footage from that time, as well as a CD of 10 never-before-heard tracks. Now you're up to speed.

In this documentary, several rock artists are interviewed, of which Caleb is one. Jump to 4:55 to see Mr. Followill. I love him, but damn, sometimes he sounds so freaking ignorant. Ahhh whatever, he's so precious it doesn't matter.

Watch Jimmy & Mick at the beginning- Jimmy used to do FABULOUS impressions of Mick on SNL...

Also it is necessary to watch Matt Lauer's interview with Mick and Keith...it's pretty trippy. They are hysterical, supernatural human beings.
I watch the Today Show every morning (because I'm a 40 year old housewife, don't judge) and I was late to work so I could watch this interview this morning. Enjoy!

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

0 comments:

Post a Comment