I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Monday, October 12, 2009

In Which I Admit to Watching Bad TV

Is anyone else watching The Hills or The City? Just me? Fine....

The Hills....obv. Laguna Beach started when I was a junior in high school and it was awesomeee. I still laugh at the way Kristen speaks (and sometimes speak like her too). LC was a snoozefest on The Hills, and I love having Kristen back to stir shit up and piss people off. People only think she's a bitch because she has no internal dialogue filter, and guys like her and they're jealous. Okay?!?!

Um, The City is made infinitely better by the appearance of Roxy this season. A word.....who names their child Roxy? Were her parents Mick and Bianca Jagger? Honestly. But I do like her....she's so rock & roll and full frontal, j'adore. And of course, the ever chic Olivia Palermo. I don't care what everyone thinks, I like her. It was just editing that made her seem really frigid and bitchy, okay?!?!!? But in this season she's working at ELLE for this mega snore Erin...who is clearly jealous Olivia is younger and more professional and better at her job and has pretty hair, and is really witty-but-not-trying-to-be. Hmm....older girls being jealous of smarty-pants young ones....hmm.
While I'm on The Hills.....do y'all remember Erin (Whitney's friend) from last year? When she got the job at ONE Model Mgmt? Her interview is what I WISH I could say on interviews...

Scott Lipps: "In that year and a half off, what have you been concentrating on?"
Erin: "Well I'm unofficially styling all the time....I've been soul searching for about a year and a half"

Yea, I'm unofficially styling all the time, too. Except I call it dressing my ass every morning and telling my mom what to wear. Oh, and silently judging random people for their questionable fashion choices in public. Yes, I've also been soul searching. I'll take a job now too, please!

I wish I stayed up late enough to watch these shows now. I can truly say now there is no show I wait up for and watch the first showing. In college, I had my shows that I would go to the gym and workout while I watched, or made sure I was home in time for so I could paint my nails and watch them. I. Will. Not. Get. Nostalgic. About. College. Not today.

---Oblig Kings section---
{I've decided I'm going to post Kings of Leon stuff whenever I fucking want. I was worried this was going to turn into a KoL girly-fan blog, but then I was like, "whateva whateva I do what I want." So at the end of a post, I may have some Kings stuff, I may not. If you don't like it.....
/end sassy-ness}

Here's some present-day prettiness for you

And some old-days dirty Southern rocker for me

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Ahhhhhh that last picture is insane. I gave in and got Only By the Night (I'd been listening on grooveshark previously), which I know is considered the sell out album but I am most familiar with those songs so. That is that.

Post a Comment