I just happen to appreciate mine more than anyone else's...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's No Big Deal, Don't Worry About It

So much has been happening my little Christmas elves!

Let's start at the beginning....I'm loving my new job! I can tell it's going to be a lot of hard work, but I like the account and my team is super fun. And the perks are redonkulous, you guys. Agency life is fabulous. Lunches are always being brought to the office or we're being taken out. Thursday night, a rep team took us out for drinks & apps, then to see CAVALIA. It's a Cirque du Soleil show that is getting a huge amount of press here in Atlanta. It is Cirque du Soleil, but WITH HORSES, you guys. Amazing. And I absolutely love horses, so this was so great. We were front row, and we went backstage afterwards to see the horses in their stables. We also got tons of concessions and tons of booze during the show. As members of my team were ordering extra large glasses of red wine before the show, I asked, "is this normal?" and my director goes, "totally."

Then Friday we had our department Christmas party at a restaurant in Midtown. The top level of Gordan Biersch was rented out for us for the evening. We had an appetizer buffet, open bar and a White Elephant gift exchange (a.k.a. Yankee Swap, as seen on The Office). The gift I wound up with was 8 episodes of Punky Brewster on DVD. Hysterical.

On to apartment business! Thursday I met with my broker to exchange leases, and he let me know an identical studio was opening up across the hall from mine, and I would be able to move in basically next week. At first I was a little hesitant, because while it is EXACTLY the same, it is a mirror image of the one I had seen and begun planning furniture arrangements. Then I had some friends and family members talk some sense in to me. So barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be moving into my adorable little apartment next week!

In other big girl announcements....I would like to welcome the newest addition to my technical family.......little iPhone!
Yes, in a snap -but well researched- decision, I purchased an iPhone this afternoon. I don't know what got into me last night, but I was just researched some plan options, and when it came down to what I wanted a phone to be able to handle (lots of texting, email, Google maps and general Google-ing), the difference between purchasing a smartphone and a "normal" phone in terms of price was just too low to NOT get the smartphone I've been wanting for years. Then is was just a matter of researching the differences between iPhone and Blackberry, and in terms of user interface, usability, web browsing capabilities and overall sex appeal, the iPhone was totally IT. So I pranced on into the AT&T store this afternoon and had a blast picking it out. The sales guy was TOTALLY adorable and he uses the exact same phone I just bought, so it just cemented the fact I'm making the right decision. PLUS, I'm getting cable + internet throughh AT&T, so I can bundle my bill and save some money. I feel good that I treated myself to the phone I really wanted, but this wasn't a rash decision. It was well researched and very logical I feel.



We discovered baby squirrels living on the back deck! They're so cute, and keep scratching on the glass, because they want to come inside and live with us!

Besides the excitement of the iPhone, I haven't done much today. Worked out, helped my aunt put up Christmas decorations, that's about it. It is SO cold in Georgia today! There were snow flurries this morning. Uhhh, no. I don't like this. I want to go buy groceries and make a salad, but I don't feel like venturing into the Tundra. Frozen steamed peas and green beans will have to suffice for tonight's veggie consumption.



.

0 comments:

Post a Comment